Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Vintage Sneak Peak

Its only fair, funky got a peak, so here's a post for the vintage lovers.

38 count Italian linen

Buttons from Grandma's button jar and the antique sewing
box purchased in England 25 years ago

Old wooden spools

Soft, muted colors.


The almost-amputated finger is doing much better.  The cut itself is healing very well.  The finger still has a fair amount of bruising (its reached the yellowish-blue stage) and is very stiff and difficult to bend after almost 4 days of being immobilized.  That will teach me to not respect my sharp knives.  Thank you to everyone for you kind thoughts and wishes.

Parsley was hosting a PAWty but unfortunately Princess Annie didn't get to participate.  Her evil owners sent her to the vet Saturday morning for a dental cleaning.  The poor baby took about 24 hours to recover from the anesthesia, and then another 48 hours for her gums to recover enough to go back to her hard kibble.  She obviously got absolutely no dental care the first 3 years of her life with her original owner, and my parents delayed getting her in just because they were scared to sedate her.  Anyway, here's a picture of her laying on a bed, with her hot pink pressure bandage from where the IV was inserted.


I'm happy to say Annie is fully recovered now, back to her usual antics, and doesn't have horrible bad breath anymore.

12 comments:

Barb said...

So glad both you and Annie are doing better!

cucki said...

So happy that you and Annie are feeling better..
I truly love the vintage..
Big hugs cucki xxx

Christine said...

Glad your finger is healing well.
The vintage colours are just gorgeous

Chris said...

OOOH the vintage supplies look very intriguing. I can't wait to see these projects.
So glad that Annie has recovered.

Anonymous said...

vintage looks to die for!! :D
I'm happy you and Annie are both recovering..
finger issues and bad breath.. real downers! :D

Vickie said...

I hope your finger fully mends. Glad Annie is recovered now. Vintage supplies look great.

Margaret said...

Nice vintage! Glad the finger is recovering -- it sounds awful! Glad that dental procedure for Annie is over too. Poor baby. Bet she's happy to be back to normal!

Parsley said...

YUMMY goodies. :) I'm having a little giveaway too but not that awesome.

Glad your baby is better.

Giovanna said...

Glad to know the finger's better!

COUSON said...

I love your blog & I join your site! Thanks for your coming!

Carol said...

Whew! Glad your finger and little Annie are both well on the road to recovery... Cuts like are so scary. I am a big baby when it comes to seeing blood and just freak out whenever I cut myself with a knife...

What will those vintagey things be used to create? Guess I'll just have to wait to find out!

Catherine said...

Glad to know that your finger and the pup are healing!
Oh how I love the colors and vintage buttons ~ can't wait to see what you are creating!