Saturday, February 16, 2013

Dare I say it?

Have I turned into a 1 (or 2) at a time girl?  I pulled out Eve's Garden because of the fabric count was easy on my eyes, but now I can't stop working on it.  First Elizabeth Burrows was a start and stitch until finished project, now its looking like the same with Eve's Garden.

Shepherds Bush Eve's Garden

Last weekend Dad and I went to a behind the scenes tour at the Midway, open only for museum members.  It was a lot of fun, starting out with coffee and pastries since we had to get there so early.  We were able to see 6 areas normally closed off to the public - fire room, engine room, arresting gear room, aft bake shop, damage control central, and I can't remember the last area.

Midway's Damage Control Central, with dad in the blue jacket on the right
Midway engine room

We still had some paid parking time after the tour, so walked around a bit.


Fantail Cafe on the Midway, seen from the shore

Huge private yacht, 1 of 4 owned by a Russian oil tycoon

San Diego tuna fleet - these guys have a lot of history and were drafted during WWII

The Kiss - its actually erected now.  There was a ceremony this morning
Stitching has been a bit slow for a few days.  The cooking gods decided it was time for a blood sacrifice to ensure my food is delicious.  I just wish it wasn't the thumb on my right hand.  Not a knife this time, just a cheapo mandoline since my good ones are in storage.


Dinner the night this happened (Wed) was seared pork chops with sauteed apples and a Calvados pan sauce.

17 comments:

Margaret said...

I love your Eve's Garden! I so need to start mine! Fun pics of the tour on the Midway too! Looks like a lot of fun. Bummer about your thumb. Ouch!

Barb said...

Eve's garden is so pretty! I so enjoyed the tour of the Midway. Sorry about the thumb!

Theresa said...

Love your Eve's Garden!!!!! It is gorgeous!!!!!
Seeing all these photos of San Diego brings back so many wonderful memories!!!!!! So What's going on with "The Kiss"? Are they moving it?
Sorry about your thumb. I hope it heals soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello

Your Eve's Garden is beautiful and I love the photos.
Hope your thumb heals quickly.

Vickie said...

What a neat tour to take, especially with your father.
Pretty stitches.

Katrina said...

Love your Eve and looks like a fun day with your dad!!!!!

I've made that blood sacrifice before too, it's not fun.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Loving Eve's Garden - hoping your cut gets better soon so you can resume! Enjoy the time with your DD. Looks like a great adventure time.

butterfly said...

Great post love your stitching and photos, hugs.

Maggee said...

Neat tour! They even made a restaurant on the fan tail--whew! You must get a picture of "The Kiss' statue--would love to see it! My husband just used our Mandoline last week for the first time and took off the tip of his finger! It was a mess, but not serious. It is practically healed now. But I am not too eager to use it... Hugs!

Myra said...

I really enjoyed the picture tour. You take great photos. Eve's Garden is lovely. I am a 1 or 2 project gal - I don't get confused that way. :o) Hope you are having a great weekend.

Catherine said...

Such sweet colors in Eve's Garden. The tour on the Midway looks like something my boys would enjoy! Ouch on the thumb ~ hope it is all better!

Lois said...

Ouch!!!! Hope the thumb heals quickly! Love your finish, such a sweet piece and I enjoyed seeing all the pics of the Midway.

Siobhán said...

Yikes on your thumb! Eek. The Midway tour must have been amazing to see in person. I love your SB A&E! I need to add that to my collection.

Lynn said...

Eve's Garden is gorgeous!
Loved all your photos too. Thanks for sharing them.
Ouch! That looks sore. Hope it heals soon.

valerie said...

Congratulations on your finish! Eve's Garden is so pretty! Hope your finger heals up quick!

Nicola said...

My DH would have loved to have toured with you. That cut looks nasty. Eve's Garden is so pretty, I adore everything about it.

Anne said...

ow ow ow ow!! that hurt!! Thanks for the pics of the Midway! And your Eve's Garden is very well done!! :)